Our Barren Land


Our story was not a home that we used to live
It was an office
A part of our life 
but it never was a place for us to belong

Lately, looking at you
makes me feel like I'm floating in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean
Why Atlantic Ocean? I don't know. Maybe it reminds me of you
Looking at you 
Makes me feel like I'm the only one anchored to this seabed
And you are slowly drifting away from me

This is not the same haunting ghost that engulfed me in its dark body
This is a desolate space, like an abandoned workplace

In between the differences that we possess when we speak ourselves
Maybe we do have a similarity
We both need someone
But not necessarily each other

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get Professional Engineering (PEng or Ir) title through IEM corporate membership route

Aristotle's Rhetorical Triangle

What Drawing Taught Me