Favourite Quotes ( Will be updated constantly)

Disclaimer: The quotes below doesn't necessarily reflect my view on any topics related to them

Martin Luther
"Reason is by nature a harmful whore. But she shall not harm me, if I only resist her. Ah, but she is so comely and glittering... See to it that you hold reason in check and do not follow her beautiful cogitations. Throw dirt in her face and make her ugly."
  • Comely= (typically a woman) attractive, pleasant to look at
  • Cogitations= the action of thinking deeply about something; contemplation

Dr. Chiba Atsuko /Paprika (From the movie "Paprika")
"Don't you think dreams and the internet are similar? They are both areas where the repressed conscious mind vents."

David Wong
"There are two ways to dehumanize someone: by dismissing them, and idolizing them."

Sir Roger Scruton
"An incredibly damaging idea that has spread across the world since the Sixties that 'freedom' means the absence of control rather than order in the soul."

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
"Human beings are born with different capacities, if they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."

Haruki Murakami
"What a terrible thing it is to wound someone you really care for and to do it so unconsciously."

Shouya Ishida (From the movie "A Silent Voice")
"I intended to listen to your voice, but it really was nothing but intentions. It's pretty obvious, huh? Of course there's more going on than what people choose to tell you... But I convinced myself that was there is to a person. I knew that, but still I interpreted the stuff I didn't understand about you in ways convenient for me... That's just how I am."

@khalids (Via Twitter : https://twitter.com/khalids)
"Only being in love makes you worship and be worshipped upon. That's why it's divine"

Peter Thiel
"You don't have real diversity when you have a group of people that look different but think alike"

Marcus Aurelius
"To live a good life; We have the potential for it. If we learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference"

Shaykh Abdal-Hakim Murad
"If you luxuriate in your humility, it is pride"

Albert Camus
"Nothing can discourage the appetite for divinity in the heart of man"

Vincent van Gogh
"I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process"

Comparison between scientists and physicists on philosophy











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get Professional Engineering (PEng or Ir) title through IEM corporate membership route

Aristotle's Rhetorical Triangle

What Drawing Taught Me